I am certain that I’m not the only one out there that frequently argues with my husband. I am also certain that I am not the only one who has heard this line in the middle of one of these arguments: “you think you’re so perfect!” I find this comment humorous and often laugh when its said. “Yes, I think I’m perfect, there is absolutely not one thing I would change about myself, you’ve nailed it on the head!”
In fact, I am very aware that I am FAR from perfect! And I have no problem whatsoever admitting this fact. I’m also very open about my imperfections. For instance:
- I can’t do a cartwheel. Never could. Of course in my thirties no one cares about this fact but as a child it was quite embarrassing.
- I still hold my nose when I jump into a pool. Unlike doing a cartwheel I do still have to jump in pools from time to time, and therefore continue to be embarrassed about this fact. And I am sure it will only get worse once my children are the ones leading the chorus of laughter.
- I can’t drive. Well, technically I can drive, I just happen to stink at it. I literally am unable to do the speed limit. I just don’t have it in me. And the stop sign roll through is something I have perfected. Which of course, is not perfect.
- I’m a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan. Now of course, this fact is far from an imperfection for most people, but when I took my husband to his first Buffett show and he saw my “Fins to the Left, Fins to the Right” dance, we were very close to a break-up. So I’ve decided to share that one only with fellow Parrot Heads.
- I can’t say “Arnold Palmer.” Every time I try I sound like my three year old. Which actually really sucks because I happen to like Arnold Palmer’s but never order them because of the embarrassment I would face.
- I like to be comfortable at all times. For me comfort comes in the form of clothes that are one or two maybe even three sizes too big. I feel great, but often look like Kirstie Alley before the diets.
- I get bored VERY easy. I must have something to do pretty much all of the time. This is another imperfection that drives my husband BANANA’s!!
- I leave entirely too much time in between visits to the hair dresser. Usually by the time I make an appointment my roots have hit my ears and I am looking, well, a hot mess.
So there you have it. I am in fact, not perfect. I am of course, always right, but that’s for another day!